Welcome

We know you love your furry companion and we want to help you both live life to the fullest.
That’s why we’ve created Dog’s Best Life – an online magazine to provide information for dog lovers to help you keep pet happy, healthy, playful and loyal.

Dog training: Harness the power of the word “NO"

By Terry Jester I once worked for an organization where “the Boss" had trained a dog in her lifetime, (yes, one dog) and so she thought she knew everything there was to know about training dogs. She instructed me that I was to teach my dog training students that the word “no" was off limits…. Read the rest »

Cocoa mulch poses danger to dogs

Ingesting cocoa mulch can kill dogs in 12-24 hours.

By Karen A. Soukiasian Cocoa mulch can be fatal for dogs. And although statistics show 98% of dogs will not eat cocoa mulch, is it worth the risk to find out if your dog or cat is in the other 2%? This is especially true for puppies, as EVERYTHING, goes into their mouths! Death can… Read the rest »

Protect your dog against Lyme disease

By Karen A. Soukiasian Lyme disease is a zoonotic, bacterial, vector borne disease of the Borrelia burgdorferi group. It got its name from the towns of Lyme and Old Lyme, Connecticut, because in 1975, numerous cases with similar symptoms suddenly emerged in that region. In 1982, the bacterium was isolated and named. It was also… Read the rest »

Use the rib test to keep your dog at the right weight

The easiest way to determine if your pet is getting a bit too plump is to do The Rib Test. It's as simple as running your hands along their sides. You want to be able to feel their ribs.

By Karen A. Soukiasian There are three reasons why most puppies and dogs are overweight. The most common is being over-fed, especially in the “Treat Department.” The second is being under exercised. The third could be an unidentified medical problem. Whatever the reason, an overweight pet could eventually lead to serious health problems such as… Read the rest »

Keep your dog happy and your home clean

We all love our pets. They keep us company, protect us and are members of the family. But, we can all relate to common puppy problems. These are less about the ruined furniture and more about boredom, stress and excessive energy. Chewing, shedding and anxiety problems can cause damage to our homes. So even though… Read the rest »

privacy policy